Premium Finance Group Australia believes that it is essential for our customers to be able to identify and deal with a broker who has the ability, authority and proper training to hear and respond appropriately to any complaints or disputes.
We are a long term member of the Mortgage & Finance Association of Australia (MFAA) and as such we are also subject to the requirement to have in place an Internal Dispute Resolution procedure.
Any complaint can be made by contacting Murray Mayes, the Complaints Officer by:
- telephoning 07 4720 8888
- e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org (Addressed to the Complaints Officer).
- writing to PO Box 1814, Townsville, Qld 4810
or by speaking to any representative of our business who will refer you to the Complaints Officer.
You should explain the details of your complaint as clearly as you can. You may do this verbally or in writing.
When we receive a complaint, we will attempt to resolve it promptly.
We will observe the following principles in handling your complaint:
- there is no requirement for face-to-face contact between you and us, although it may be useful for us to come to a satisfactory resolution;
- we expect that both parties will make a genuine attempt to resolve a complaint promptly;
- we expect that both parties will provide all essential and relevant information, documents, written statements and any other materials that may properly and reasonably be believed to assist in resolving the complaint;
- we expect that both parties will comply with all reasonable requests from the other party to provide information within a reasonable time frame.
Our external dispute resolution scheme
If we do not reach agreement on your complaint, you may refer the complaint to the Approved External Dispute Resolution (EDR) Scheme. The external dispute resolution provider is AFCA.
AFCA’s contact details are as follows:
- Australian Financial Complaints Authority
GPO Box 3
Melbourne VIC 3001
- 1800 931 678
External dispute resolution is a free service established to provide you with an independent mechanism to resolve specific complaints.